al snail trail
super classy adventures
- 2018 thruhike video series - to provide a trail measurement for the Guthook app.
dugger mtn wilderness.
trailheads / sections.
al dayhike guides.
loop hike cave~odum~pin.
loop hike jones~pin.
loop hike pin~chin~sky.
trail flowers - spring
trail flowers - fall
trail shuttles - hostels.
trail towns - mail drops: ala.
trail water sources.
this n that.
an appalachian trail.
as the crow flies.
black bear safety.
building section 4.
bull - bulls gap.
cave spring, ga.
dr, tom mcgehee.
future section 14.
hiking the pinhoti.
horn mountain tower.
leave no trace.
pinhoti trail project.
prescribed burns: fs.
rebecca mountain: 1.
rebecca mountain: 2.
ridges and highlands.
rock n roll.
shoal creek church.
soul of a hiker.
the ten bulls.
the ramen chronicles.
ultralight gearlist: 2018.
ultralight gearlist: 2008.
wildlife - eco restore.
the pta's busiest month to date ~ feb 2016 ~ 40,168 web hits
current weather @ pinhoti trail mid-point ~ s14 - 7.3 ~ cave spring trailhead
pinhoti national recreation trail / pinhoti millennium legacy trail
a 337.1 mile southern region appalachian trail connector
In case of emergencies, dial 911. This is the only public service that will know your exact location
Do phone reset first ~ go to settings / go to privacy / turn on location services
horn mountain trail club.
(hmtc is no longer active)
The HMTC is an informal non-profit organization that has chosen a
trail stewardship role for Section 4 of the Pinhoti National Recreation Trail /
Millennium Legacy Trail.
All trail maintenance is done in accordance with the Appalachian Trail Conservancy
standards. The "Appalachian Trail Design, Construction and Maintenance" manual can be
purchased through the ATC Ultimate Trail Store for about $15.
Every Trail Maintainer should have a copy on their bookshelf. Trail maintenance is not
complicated but there are standards that every one follows and the ATC is the authority.
1. To actively seek the preservation, protection and maintenance of all notable landmarks
within Section 4 / Alabama - Pinhoti National Recreation Trail to include: trails, cliffs,
bluffs, streams, woodlands, Horn Mountain Fire Tower and Scott Lake. Also, to seek the
restoration of the natural state of all forest lands in this part of the Talladega National
Forest, without going as far as Wilderness designation.
2. To re-establish and maintain the Civilian Conservation Corps Picnic Area at the Horn
Mountain Fire Tower.
3. To establish and maintain a Trail Shelter and Designated Campsite at Scott Lake.
4. To establish and maintain a Trailhead parking area at Bull Gap.
5. To establish and maintain information boards, trash receptacles and trail logs at the
Bulls Gap Trailhead and the Porter's Gap Trailhead.
6. To establish and maintain proper blue blazing, directional signage, bridges and any other
necessary trail navigation aids throughout Section 4.
7. To provide training and outlets for anyone interested in learning responsible trail